Are you an Indian student, and you worry about getting a scholarship to study abroad? Well, we have some good news that will help you achieve your dream. Keep reading to learn how to get a scholarship to study abroad for Indian students.
Many Indian students dream of studying abroad but do not know how to get financial support to accomplish their dreams.
According to Statista, over 750 thousand Indian students emigrated to study abroad in 2022. That year saw the most considerable number of students emigrate from India.
Fortunately, many scholarship opportunities are offered by governments and private organizations to help you fund your study abroad experience.
In the next session below, we will explore how to get a scholarship to study abroad for Indian students. Let’s get started!
How To Get a Scholarship To Study Abroad For Indian Students?
Here is how to get a scholarship to study abroad for Indian students.
- Research available scholarships
- Start your search early
- Meet the eligibility criteria
- Follow application instructions carefully
- Await a response
Research available scholarships.
The first step in obtaining a scholarship to study abroad is to search for a scholarship. There are lots of scholarships available for Indian students to study abroad. You should begin by visiting the websites of your prospective institutions or schools.
Many institutions provide international students with scholarships, and you may be able to locate one that is a suitable fit for you. See below for a collection of resources and websites.
Start your search early.
The best approach to getting scholarships is to begin the process early. This will give you ample time to look into scholarship opportunities, acquire the necessary documentation, and submit your application. Many scholarship deadlines are several months before the start of the school year. So, try to apply early for them.
Meet the eligibility criteria.
Every scholarship has its own set of qualifying requirements and criteria that you must meet to be eligible. These requirements may include Academic achievement, leadership skills, financial need, language proficiency, and other considerations may be considered.
Make sure to thoroughly check the eligibility criteria for each scholarship you are interested in, and only apply for scholarships for which you are eligible. Applying for scholarships you aren’t eligible for will waste your time and reduce your chances of getting one.
Await a response.
After submitting your scholarship application, you will need to wait a while for a response via email. The scholarship application process can be time-consuming, but it’s essential to stay positive. You can use your free time to search and apply for other scholarships and don’t get discouraged if you are not selected for a particular scholarship.
Remember that many scholarships are available, and you can boost your chances of getting one through patience and hard work.
Where To Get a Scholarship To Study Abroad For Indian Students.
Now that you understand how to get scholarships, let’s show you where to get scholarships to study abroad. Here are a few of the best to get you started.
- Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships – These scholarships are available for Indian students wishing to study a full-time master’s, MPhil, or doctoral program in the United Kingdom, the United States, or Europe. The scholarships cover full tuition fees, living expenses, Travel, and health allowance up to US$100,000.
- British Council GREAT Scholarships for Indian Students – The scholarships allow Indian students to study at UK universities. They include Imperial College London, the University of Edinburgh, and the University of Bristol. Each scholarship is worth at least £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year postgraduate course.
- Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship – This fellowship program provides funding to researchers working on climate change studies and research in the United States. It is primarily for Indian researchers with a Ph.D. from a recognized Indian institution.